Innovation Center for Nanoscience and Technology
The Innovation Centre for Nanoscience and Technologies (ICNT) was established in the Institute of Chemical Physics NAS RA only in 2020 within the framework of a large grant program funded by the Government of the Republic of Armenia on a competitive basis. This is a large project involving ten scientific organisations of Armenia. The budget of our Center reached 1 mln USD during this short period of time, and 80% concerns equipment, in particular a multifunctional equipment Pioneer 180 PLD System with Excimer Laser, DC/RF Magnetrons, High-Pressure RHEED System and Chemical Vapour Deposition System. Such an initiative has no precedent in Armenia. The device allows the centre to solve diverse technological problems: thin film preparation through the most point of care technologies and can be used to test theoretical results, which need high precision of experimental data.
The ICNT of IChPh initiated to excel as an interdisciplinary center through opening up the scientific potential to wider scientific groups in the country and beyond, contributing to the scientific diplomacy through meetings and workshops with the policymakers and governmental agencies.
- Establishment, deepening and expansion of close cooperation with partner international organizations;
- Creating a high-tech environment and significantly improving the quality of education;
- Development and implementation of new educational programs, laboratory works;
- Facilitating the acquisition of basic knowledge and development of practical skills by students, their involvement in scientific work, promotion of scientific career, and implementation of innovative programs;
- Formation of a scientific-educational base for the IT industry, participation in the formation of the labor market.
Nanostructured thin film (NTF) fabrication and characterization room
ISO 8-5 «Clean room» obtaining nanostructured systems with combined PLD, DC and RF magnetron sputtering.
Development of substrates, targets, thin films, NTF synthesis, electrochemical synthesis, firing, sol-gel, etc.
Computational modeling room
Simulations of the process of NTF deposition with the required physical properties by determining the optimal parameters.
Organization of current activities of the center and in the system.